Are you tired of feeling stuck and not living the life you want? Are you having trouble reaching your goals? Are you tired of being depressed, anxious or unhappy? Do you want more insight and new tools to make your life healthier and happier?
If you are struggling with stress, depression, anxiety, PTSD, substance abuse, relationship issues, or are trying to figure out how to make life better, individual therapy can help.
Sometimes the stressors of life or the accumulation of losses, hurts, or traumas can become overwhelming. Therapy can help you heal the wounds of the past and then help you develop the tools you need to manage the challenges you may face in the future. Some of the benefits of individual therapy include:
- Developing the tools you need to manage life more effectively.
- Developing insight into existing and past relationships and the tools needed to manage relationships more effectively.
- Identifying the underlying causes of the emotional or behavioral blocks in your life.
- Developing effective coping strategies to manage stress and anxiety.
- Helping you work through unresolved issues including grief and trauma.
- Helping you learn more effective communication and conflict resolution strategies.
- Developing the tools needed to overcome addictions.
- Providing you a safe place to deal with feelings that don’t always feel safe.
- Helping you learn how to become more productive and satisfied with life.
What to Expect When You Begin Individual Therapy
- Therapy sessions are individualized and focus on the issues that matter most to you. You get to set the goals for therapy.
- Some people need just a few sessions to accomplish their goals while others need a much longer time. The length of time spent in therapy is based on your goals and the underlying issues that may be contributing to the problems that you are facing.
- Many people initially start therapy by attending weekly sessions in order to build some momentum, then taper off frequency as things improve and change.
Some of the Areas that Individual Therapy Can Help You With Include:
- Panic Attacks
- Relationship Issues
- Family Issues
- Time Management
- Grief and Loss
- Life Adjustment Issues
- Codependency Issues
- Life Enrichment and Personal Growth
If you are looking for solutions to emotional or behavioral issues or simply want to make life better, individual therapy can help. To schedule an appointment or learn more about our services contact us via the form below or call us at 713-477-0333.
Stress and Anger Can Intensify Heart Failure
Mental stress and anger can have medical repercussions for people with heart failure, a new report has revealed in the Journal of Cardiac Failure. Heart failure is a life-threatening cardiovascular disease during which the heart breaks or weakens. This may cause a...
Depression Can Be Detected in Children Through AI
Artificial intelligence, or AI, is a game-changing innovation and has many capabilities. One of those is the ability to detect signs of anxiety and depression in the speech patterns of children. According to a new study published in the Journal of Biomedical and...
Maltreatment of Children Can Lead to Various Mental Health Issues
A recent study from the University of Birmingham has shown that children who have experienced child abuse or neglect are four times more likely to develop a serious mental illness. The University of Birmingham did a study on general practitioner records of over...