Are you tired of feeling stuck and not living the life you want? Are you having trouble reaching your goals? Are you tired of being depressed, anxious or unhappy? Do you want more insight and new tools to make your life healthier and happier?
If you are struggling with stress, depression, anxiety, PTSD, substance abuse, relationship issues, or are trying to figure out how to make life better, individual therapy can help.
Sometimes the stressors of life or the accumulation of losses, hurts, or traumas can become overwhelming. Therapy can help you heal the wounds of the past and then help you develop the tools you need to manage the challenges you may face in the future. Some of the benefits of individual therapy include:
- Developing the tools you need to manage life more effectively.
- Developing insight into existing and past relationships and the tools needed to manage relationships more effectively.
- Identifying the underlying causes of the emotional or behavioral blocks in your life.
- Developing effective coping strategies to manage stress and anxiety.
- Helping you work through unresolved issues including grief and trauma.
- Helping you learn more effective communication and conflict resolution strategies.
- Developing the tools needed to overcome addictions.
- Providing you a safe place to deal with feelings that don’t always feel safe.
- Helping you learn how to become more productive and satisfied with life.
What to Expect When You Begin Individual Therapy
- Therapy sessions are individualized and focus on the issues that matter most to you. You get to set the goals for therapy.
- Some people need just a few sessions to accomplish their goals while others need a much longer time. The length of time spent in therapy is based on your goals and the underlying issues that may be contributing to the problems that you are facing.
- Many people initially start therapy by attending weekly sessions in order to build some momentum, then taper off frequency as things improve and change.
Some of the Areas that Individual Therapy Can Help You With Include:
- Panic Attacks
- Relationship Issues
- Family Issues
- Time Management
- Grief and Loss
- Life Adjustment Issues
- Codependency Issues
- Life Enrichment and Personal Growth
If you are looking for solutions to emotional or behavioral issues or simply want to make life better, individual therapy can help. To schedule an appointment or learn more about our services contact us via the form below or call us at 713-477-0333.
Modern life works at a breakneck speed and demands that we bring our best selves to each task each and every day. Our cramped schedules can make sleep seem like a luxury or something to be “taken care of”. An early day at the office, a night spent working on the term...
Seeing someone you care for experience the life-altering pain of depression can be an overwhelming experience. Searching for the "right" thing to do and knowing how to help someone with depression can be equally overwhelming as you're bombarded with varying advice and...
Tееnаgе rеbеllіоn іѕ аn асt оf hіghеѕt аѕѕеrtіоn оf independence and lіttlе adherence to раrеntаl advice during thе tееn уеаrѕ оf a child’s life. It іѕ саllеd a “rеbеllіоn” because іt leads to an intense соnfrоntаtіоn bеtwееn thе teen аnd their раrеntѕ. Teenage...